Encountering the “Error: error:0308010c: digital envelope routines::unsupported” can perplex many users. When faced with the question, “What is the error: error:0308010c: digital envelope routines::unsupported?” it’s essential to understand that it often relates to cryptographic operations.
This error might disrupt normal operations, but the good news is there are ways to address it.
Users are taking the first step towards finding a solution by asking, “How to fix error: error:0308010c: digital envelope routines::unsupported?”.
This guide provides practical insights and remedies for those grappling with this issue.
What is Error: error:0308010c: digital envelope routines::unsupported?
Encountering the “error:0308010c: digital envelope routines::unsupported” message can be puzzling. Simply put, this error indicates a problem with cryptographic operations in software. It often arises when a program tries to use a cryptographic method that isn’t supported.
To fix it, use the latest software version or check if the specific cryptographic method is compatible. Always consult official documentation for detailed guidance.
Also Check: Error: Src Refspec Main Does Not Match Any
How to Fix Error: error:0308010c: digital envelope routines::unsupported?
Encountering technical errors, like the “error: error:0308010c: digital envelope routines::unsupported”, can be a roadblock for many users. This particular error, rooted in cryptographic operations, might initially seem complex.
However, with the proper guidance and understanding, resolving it becomes manageable. This guide will break down simple steps to help you navigate and fix this issue efficiently.
Let’s dive in:
- Set the NODE_OPTIONS environment variable to –openssl-legacy-provider – To set the NODE_OPTIONS environment variable to –openssl-legacy-provider, open your terminal and run the below command.
- Pass the –openssl-legacy-provider flag to Webpack – If the above solution does not work, you can pass the –openssl-legacy-provider flag to the webpack. In a React app, open the package.json file in the root directory, and you can pass –openssl-legacy-provider to the start script like:
- For Create React App applications, upgrade react-scripts to v5.0.0 or higher – Check the installed version of react-scripts on your application in the package.json file. If the performance is less than v5.0.0, upgrade the react-scripts version to v5.0.0 or higher.
- You should reinstall your dependencies if you encounter errors after upgrading. For this, delete your node_modules folder and package-lock.json from your application folder. Then, clean your npm cache using the below command.
- Next, reinstall your dependencies by running npm install (or yarn).
Why am I getting Error: error:0308010c: digital envelope routines::unsupported?
Errors can be frustrating, especially when they pop up unexpectedly. If you’ve stumbled upon its message, you’re likely seeking clarity on its origins and implications.
- Outdated Software: Older versions might not support specific cryptographic methods like newer ones.
- Mismatched Configuration: Software settings might configured to use a cryptographic technique that isn’t supported.
- External Libraries: The software might rely on external cryptographic libraries, which, if not correctly installed or updated, can trigger this error.
Preventing Future Occurrences
Always ensure you’re using the latest software versions to avoid seeing the “error: error:0308010c: digital envelope routines::unsupported” message again. Regularly check for updates and patches, and familiarize yourself with the software’s documentation to understand its capabilities and limitations.
Also Check: Error: Remote Origin Already Exists.
What does the error: error:0308010c: digital envelope routines::unsupported mean?
It’s a technical error indicating an unsupported cryptographic method in your software.
Why am I seeing this error on my system?
This error often arises when software tries to use a cryptographic method that needs to be supported, possibly due to outdated versions or misconfiguration.
How can I fix this error quickly?
Start by updating your software to the latest version. If the issue persists, check the software’s settings to ensure the correct cryptographic methods.
Is this error a sign of a security breach or vulnerability?
No, it’s more about compatibility. However, always use trusted and updated software to maintain security.
Where can I find more detailed solutions if the error persists?
Consult the software’s official documentation or user forums. They often provide in-depth solutions for common errors like this one.