As a parent, it’s always a struggle to protect your child from the easily accessible, addictive, and unsafe content on their devices. Fortunately, this article enlightens you on the most reliable way to monitor and keep your kid’s device content safe with the best monitoring tool- Wondershare FamiSafe.
What will you do when you find out your child visits and spends time on adult, drug, violent, and pornography websites? Warning them about these sites is not enough because they will probably find a way to watch them in your absence. Therefore, you need to monitor and control the content they consume on their devices.
How Unsafe Content Harms Your Child
The internet is full of unfiltered content not worth children’s consumption. About 95% of teens can access a smartphone, and 45% say they are consistently online. These teens access various sites for content that can negatively impact their behavior, health, and mental development. Some of the reasons parents should protect their children from online content
include the following:
- Threatens personal safety– The evolution of the internet has taken digital communication to another level. Children are considered vulnerable, and people with malicious intentions can easily contact them. There are plenty of ways respective criminals perpetrate this malice. They can use cyberstalking, cyberbullying, online predation, sextortion, and obscene/distasteful content to lure your kids.
- Increased Personal Leaks- With the rising popularity of the internet and social media platforms, secrecy and privacy of data are at an all-time high threat. Children are vulnerable and don’t easily adhere to surfing safety practices. They can easily leak sensitive information such as passwords, credit card numbers, usernames, and email addresses.
- Breeds bad habits– The toxic information available on the internet threatens children’s behavioral development. Pornographic videos negatively affect their sexual life, while games can open an avenue for addictive and costly gambling.
- Degrades child productivity- If your children spend more time on the internet, they will probably give less time to other important activities such as reading, research, and chores. This way, your children become less productive on important tasks, which is undesirable.
What Should Parents Do?
Knowing that your child accesses harmful content on the internet is not enough. You ought to find practical solutions to curb the menace and ensure your child accesses safe content. Some of these tested and proven ways include:
- 1. Explaining internet safety to children
The lack of information may be the genesis of kids misusing the internet and endangering their safety. Without the right information on internet safety, kids will act with naivety. The children will understand the insights and can differentiate between consumable and unsafe content.
2.Protect children with Wondershare FamiSafe
Explaining internet safety to children is not always the solution. Children will act like children and can access prohibited content out of curiosity. Therefore, the best deal is to protect your children’s devices with a suitable monitoring tool.
Wondershare Famisafe is undoubtedly the best and most reliable parental control app. This app gives you a matrix of features that transforms how you monitor and control the content on your children’s devices. Wondershare FamiSafe is affordable, easy to use, and is available on nearly all devices, including Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Kindle, and Chrome.
Wondershare Famisafe lets you keep the content on your children’s devices safe in the following ways:
- Tracks the kid’s usage of various apps. It gives daily phone activities, so parents know which apps the kids use the most.
- Wondershare Famisafe lets parents set screen time for respective apps. Parents can then block inappropriate apps and set mart schedules for different apps.
- Wondershare Famisafe detects suspicious photos such as nudes or porn and then notifies the parent with instant alerts.
- This app lets parents create a child-friendly online environment by filtering the web content. Parents can block inappropriate websites.
- It allows parents to access the usage history of various websites. You can get the history of various social sites like TikTok and YouTube.
- Wondershare FamiSafe lets parents monitor and detect explicit or offensive words targeting their children online. You can set target offensive words to alert you once they hit your child’s device.
- It allows multi-user and multi-device use. This way, you can monitor more children from the same device.
How to Block Harmful Websites with Wondershare FamiSafe
As aforementioned, Wondershare FamiSafe is the best parental control app. If you want to block harmful websites on your kid’s device with Wondershare Famisafe, follow the steps below.
Step 1. First, download and install Wondershare FamiSafe parent control app from Google Play or App Store. Make sure you also download Wondershare FamiSafe on the kid’s device.
Step 2. Open Wondershare Famisafe and connect your device with the device you want to protect. Click the “Add Device” button at the top and scan the QR code to link the two devices. You can add multiple devices if you want.
Step 3. Once the connection is established, tap the “Device Activity” icon, then go to the “Web Safety” section.
Hit the “Web Filter” option then the “Categories” tab. you can now block desired websites using the sliding buttons on the right.
Step 4. If you want to permit a few exceptions, select the “Exceptions” tab followed by “Add an Exception.”
Add the website and click “Save” to save it as an exception for your child. This is great, especially when you want your child to access educational sites.
Keeping the content safe on your child’s device has become a necessity in this highly-toxic online environment. While this is true, finding the best solution is not always a walk in the park. Fortunately, Wondershare FamiSafe seamlessly transforms how you keep the content safe on your kid’s device. Download this tool and experience its prowess for free or within your budget.