Looking for free Antivirus that is officially suitable for Windows 11 to run? Avast has come up and announced its newly released version Avast 21.9 protects you on the latest Microsoft Windows OS.
Microsoft released the first Windows 11 insider preview build on June 28, 2021. The OS was generally available on October 5, this month. Three weeks passed since the launch of Windows 11 and yet most of the Apps (except WinRAR beta, O&O Shutup, Revo Uninstaller, and IObit Uninstaller) are not officially compatible with the new OS.
While Micorsoft itself confirmed most of the programs that ran on Windows 10 worked fine on Windows 11 without any issues. Independent Testing Lab, Av-comparatives (AVC) observed most antivirus programs function on new Windows when in Preview builds.
AVC also recently released a list of Windows 11 compatible Antivirus after testing. AVG, Avast, and Avira were present in that list.
But you should take these with a pinch of salt because Security vendors should announce that Micorsoft or Independent Testing labs.
Guess what, Avast Software has released Avast version 21.9 claiming it is better compatible with Windows 11.
What this means is you can download and install Avast Free antivirus on Windows 10 successor now.
Avast 21.9 available with better Windows 11 compatibility
- WebShield now protects even more malicious websites, thanks to scanning improvements.
- Better Windows 11 compatibility: You’re protected on the newest versions of Windows too
- Improved Passive Mode: When you turn on Passive Mode, the tray icon changes colors to show this. And now even webcam shield and Password Protection features will also be disabled.
For the uninitiated, Avast’s Passive Mode allows you to use other Antivirus and you can still perform a manual scan at any time with Avast.
- Apps with similar protocol to HTTP no longer have conflicts with WebShield
- Remote Access Shield dialogue memory issue resolved.
- The firewall has been improved with better notifications.
In case you missed it, Avast got a new icon and the Free version now comes with a basic Firewall, as of now, Free Firewall is available to only a few users.
You can download Avast Free Antivirus 21.9 from the Avast website here.
Windows 11 protects you against threats and malware with Windows Defender out of the box. You shouldn’t need to purchase Antivirus when Micorsoft offers the protection free of cost.
Have you upgraded to Windows 11? Which Antivirus (free or paid) are you using on it? Let us know in the comments below.
More about Avast: