Things may have changed lately, but getting a Credit Card in India is not that easy. If you’ve received an “Instant Credit Card” from ICICI Bank by making a Fixed Deposit, here is how to close it when you no longer need it or if you’ve got another Credit Card.
To open a savings account, you still need to go through some paperwork.
When it comes to Credit Card, things get even tougher.
- Must have a Savings Account
- And need to submit laster two years of IT returns to Bank.
If you’ve just started a business, then you can still obtain a Credit Card from Private Banks. For instance, ICICI gives an Instant Credit Card with a fixed deposit.
As a webmaster, you need Credit Card to pay hosting or Domain registrar fees monthly or yearly.
Close ICICI Bank Instant Credit Card that is linked with Fixed Deposit
- Call ICICi Bank customer care 1800 120 7777 from your registered mobile
- Follow IVR instructions and select Credit card
- Tell Custom care agent you want to close Instant Credit Card as well as FD linked with it as well
Note: Don’t make any transaction after the request has been made. Otherwise, the Credit Card closing process will get canceled
After two or three business days
- Instant Credit Card will be closed
- The FD amount will be credited to the Savings Bank Account in ICICI bank you mentioned earlier with the custom care executive.
The process went smoothly for me.
All you need to do is call customer care and request to end Credit Card and specifically mention you want to close Fixed Deposit also. Wait for a maximum of the week working days for the process to complete.
You may want to know how to block your ICICI Credit Card with an SMS, for that, check this article.