After adding a new interface to the Profile Picker, the Chromium team is now updating Chrome’s manage profile page by bringing the custom theme generator available on the new tab page in the customize menu. While the current interface allows us to assign a profile name and choose a profile picture, in addition to these, the new design includes a color picker and gives the user the ability to create a desktop shortcut on Windows.
You can now able to customize Chrome profile like never before, where you can
- Type a name for the profile
- Select a theme color
- Select an avatar
- Create a desktop shortcut
How to enable new UI for Chrome Profiles
- Launch Chrome browser
- Visit chrome://flags page
- Search for “Revamp of Profiles UI”
- Click on the dropdown arrow and select “Enabled”
- Restart the browser.
- Visit chrome://settings/manageProfile
- Type the profile name, select a theme color from the available and choose a profile picture
- Done, this is how you going to customize your profile in Chrome
The flag is available in Canary 88 and according to Chrome platform status, Chrome 88 will be released on January 19, 2021.
What’s your take on this change related to managing profiles in Chrome? Have you liked it? Let us know in the comments below.