Though Snagit is not free screen capturing software, most people use it for capturing screenshots and adding annotations. Today, Techsmith has released Snagit 11 for Windows and a new version for Mac, which is available for download from their website.
This release brings video capture features to both Windows and Mac platforms. The sale of Jing Pro has been discontinued, with this version, the five-minute video recording has been lifted.
Snagit 11 was Released with the Screen Recording feature and other improvements
1. Record your screen (with microphone audio) with the brand new MPEG-4 (h.264 encoded) capability. Benefits include:
- Great quality.
- Easily shareable and small file size.
- Web and mobile-friendly format.
- Editable in almost all video editing tools (including Camtasia Studio).
- Accepted by YouTube, Facebook, Screencast.com, and most hosting services.
- Snagit’s video recorder leverages real-time encoding, which means your video is ready, fast.
- Adept at capturing high-motion content, such as live video.
- No file size limit. (The AVI format in prior versions of Snagit had a 1 GB limit.)
2. Streamlined interface and pre-loaded SNAG images in the tray to help new users be successful faster.
3. Updated callouts, arrows, stamps, and other drawing tools, with more free stamps available on the Techsmith website.
4. Ability to paste an image from your clipboard onto a new canvas. For example, you want to work on an image taken from Word or the web.
5. Updated Time-saving profiles, with more free profiles available on our website. Now work even smarter and faster.
6. Ability to resize images by inches and centimeters (not just pixels).
7. Option to automatically scale oversized images to fit on the canvas (by adjusting zoom levels).
8. Various bug fixes, performance improvements, interface, and dialog changes.
Download the 3o-day trial version of Snagit 11 from here. [63.1 MB]
- Visit the link given above
- Select Snagit for Mac or Windows and its version from the dropdown and enjoy download.