Are you using Snagit to capture screenshots and explain them with arrows and text and sharing with your friends? Explain and Send Screenshots extension for Chrome does almost what Snagit does for you.
Explain and Send Screenshots extension allows you to capture any part of the web page and you will be presented with a toolbar with which you can explain a Screenshot with arrows, circles, and arrows and annotate the screenshot with text on the image. You can share this image with your friends on Twitter and Facebook.
How to Use Explain and Send Screenshots Extension
1. Install Explain and Send Screenshots in Chrome
2. Extension’s icon will appear on the toolbar. To capture any web page in Chrome, click that icon, select the portion of the frame you want to capture, and later, you will be presented with a toolbar with options to draw lines, arrows, and circles and also to annotate text on the image.
3. Once you finished editing the image, clicking done will be presented options to download and share the screenshot.
The extension adds a watermark to the image footer, you need to contribute some amount to the developer to remove it.
Ever since the initial release back in 2010, the extensions in recent years have received the following new features.
- Easier to capture the entire screen
- Record video of your screen
- Much better options page
- Received open image button to save/download image as pdf.
- Changed default image capture format to JPEG.
- Gets touch support and text background options
- Added “Search Google for Image” and “Grab &crop clipboard” options
- advanced color picker
- Comes with Spotlight tool
- Improved highlighting tool
- Improved color selector
- Warns before closing unsaved recording
- Added 100+ new fonts for annotating.