Oxford American Dictionary announced the Word of the Year 2009 (WOTY) which is unfriend. Unfriend means removing someone as a friend on social networking site such as facebook.
Adding friends and unfriending on facebook
It is common that you get requests to add some of people as your friends. If you like them, you will add any of them to your friends list or you may not. Removing friends already in your friends list on facebook is called unfriending or unfriend.
Here are the other new words that are considered Oxford dictionary word of the year in technology
Hashtag – a # [hash] sign added to the word or phrase that enables twitter users to search for tweets(postings on the twitter site) that contains similarly tagged items and view thematic sets.
intexticated – distracted because texting on a cellphone while driving a vehicle.
Netbook – A small very portable laptop with limited memory.
Paywall – a way of blocking access to part of website which is only available to paying subscribers.
Sexting – the sending sexually explicit texts and pictures by cellphone.
Checkout the other words in other areas in oxford blog.
- Why Mothers Should Never be Allowed on Facebook [PIC]
- How to Confirm: Is Twitter Slow to You Only Or to ALL?
- Reclaim your life by opting out of addicted websites with Keepmeout
- 5 Ways to Check Username availability on Social networking sites Online
- Write Your Upside Name down With FlipTitle