Yesterday Norton launched Computer Risk assessment tool which determines your risk of loosing data online . Whether you are home user or businessman how much personal data is safe from thieves . Norton online risk calculator will tell how much your data worth is to thieves.
The thieves steal your personal and financial information and sell them over the internet.
Norton risk assessment tool will determine risk rate and the worth of your data in black market based on the answers to the questions you provide in 9 steps, Which include ..
1. Your age and gender details that will affect your surfing habits.
2. Use of credit cards and online transactions you make.
3.Are you facebook or any social network user how much personal info you provide online on these social networking sties like facebook.
4. Do you reveal all your personal information including residence address, full name, your family member details and any other personal data related to you.
5. Accessing your financial info online include brokerage accounts.
6. Value of your bank accounts and usage of credit card online.
7.Connecting to internet through unsafe wireless networks, downloading files from peer to peer networks, using debit card to pay bills online.
8.Your browsing habits and security software installed in your computer to protect form online frauds, spywares, viruses.
9. How much you expect thieve or cybercriminal to pay for your data.
Based on the answers provided to above questions Norton online risk calculator will tell you the worth of your data in black market.
Though you can say its tool developed by Norton to lure users to buy their Norton internet security suite 2010 but it is true that every computer user must have
- Firewall Which is default turned on windows.
- A powerful anti virus and anti-spyware.
- Anti- malware application
- A secured browser like Firefox
Soon will cover the article with free security software that suffice to protect computer user from viruses, spywares and malwares.
Thanks to cnet News.
- PC Tools Firewall Plus 6.0: Free Personal Firewall for Windows
- Remove Rogue Anti-Viruses, Anti-Spywares With Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
- Symantec Releases Top 100 Dangerous Websites of Summer 2009
- Kill Dangerous ActiveX Controls in Your Computer with AxBan
- IObit Security 360 Beta 1.0: Advanced Spyware and Malware remover