Now if you install the newly released AVG Free Antivirus 17.9, AVG Zen launcher/component will no longer be installed, it has been removed by Avast Software from all AVG Products including AVG Ultimate and AVG Internet Security.
AVG Free Antivirus 17.9
AVG Zen no longer gets installed
AVG Zen, till now integral part of AVG products that allows to install and monitor AVG Security products on PCs and Android devices has been removed. The entire Zen model (applications and services) has been dropped.
If you’re a Zen user, worry not! You can still able to manage your subscription and install other AVG Products such as AVG PC TuneUp, AVG Secure VPN and Passwords via ‘My AVG ‘button available in AVG main window.
- Feedback Form in Settings->About
- Better proxy detection by setup and update from Windows settings
- Nested virtualization support for AMD CPU
- ZEN no longer available in AVG Antivirus
Changes / Fixed Bugs
- Antirootkit monitoring that is responsible for catching unknown malware
- Fixed boot issue on Windows XP when Virtual PC driver is installed
- Fixed BSOD caused by conflict between DELL percsas3 and avgSP drivers
- Fixed BSOD caused by avgVmm when running AVG in Vmware Fusion on MAC
- AVG signature added to email sent by Mail app
- Antiphishing works on Windows XP
- Changes in reporting of statuses between AVG and Windows Security Center
- License delivery fixes (After purchase and login to zone, periodic checks, after service/pc restart)
Download AVG Free Antivirus 17.9.3040 (offline installer)