Avast Software has released bug fixing update for -Avast Free Antivirus 17.9- Avast and is available for download. The update also includes redesigned screens for Shields and Scans in the protection menu and Avast Passwords UI also refreshed. .
Avast Free Antivirus 17.9
Scans available in the Protection menu no longer includes Quick Scan function, it has been removed. Apart from Smart scan – which you’ve to now as use Quick scan- other scan options available are: Full time scan, targeted scan, boot time scan and custom scans.
Avast Passwords UI has been redesigned.
After installing Avast, it reports more information about its status to the Windows Security Center in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
You’ll see more Avast UI.exe processes running, that’s normal.
Avast User interface loads slowly, this is intentional and has been done to load Avast UI window quickly after that elements display after slight delay.
Avast 17.9.2322 changelog
- Now you can send feedback and bug reports from Settings > About
- Recycle Bin content can now be shredded via Windows contextual menu (Avast Premier only)
- Redesigned Scan & Shields screens in the Protection menu for easier navigation
- Redesigned Avast Passwords UI for easier use
- More detailed status reporting to Windows Security Center in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
- Nested virtualization support for AMD CPUs
- Better proxy detection by setup and update from Windows settings
- Fixed a problem with white UI (you might see more processes AvastUI.exe now, but that’s OK)
- Sensitive Data Shield now works with Windows XP and Vista
- Anti-Phishing Protection in Web Shield now works with Windows XP
- Clicking Scan Details in the Notification Center no longer starts another scan
- Fixed Avast service crash when a license expires
- Fixed performance scan in Performance > Cleanup Premium
- Fixed issue where Behavior Shield sometimes cut off a user’s Internet connection
- False positives can now be reported directly from threat detection warnings (File Shield)
- Fixed boot issue on Windows XP when Virtual PC driver is installed
- Fixed BSOD caused by conflict between DELL percsas3 and Avast Self-defense drivers
- How to disable Avast Behavior Shield
- Latest Avast 2017 removes Status Monitoring
- You no longer need to register Avast Free Antivirus