In windows 10, when you try to open Device Manager or Services console (services.msc) or Disk Management (diskmgmt.msc), you may get this error from Microsoft Management Console (MMC): Not enough storage is available to complete the operation’. Even though your hard drive and C drive has lot of free space, this error won’t give any clue of what’s wrong.
Microsoft Management Console’s Not enough storage is available to complete this operation Error in Windows 10
You can try the following to see you can access the those Windows services again.
1. Open Disk Cleanup and delete temporary files, clean the files manually in folders by running temp and %temp% commands in Run dialog.
2. Disable all Windows startup items by visiting Startup tab in Task Manager to see it solves the issue.
3. Open System configuration tool by running msconfig in Run dialog, and see if loading windows 10 with diagnostic startup or selective startup helps.
4. Hold Alt and double click on ‘This PC’ to bring up System page, Click Advanced Settings, and under Performance, choose ‘Adjust for best performance’, click ‘OK’..
5. In the Performance Options, click Advanced and increase Page file size to see it helps.
6. Try to restore your computer to recent restore point.
If nothing mentioned above helps, you need to reinstall Windows (by keeping files and apps) without doing Reset, here is how that can be done.
Though this is easy to suggest, but we’ve tried all possible ways to fix the error, but reinstalling Windows has done the trick.
Reinstall Windows 10 to fix not enough storage is available to complete this operation error
1. Connect Windows 10 USB Drive to the USB port, within Windows, open it and run setup file
2. Windows 10 Setup asks to download and install updates, if you’re in a hurry, select ‘Not Right now’ and proceed. You can later run Windows Update and install updates.
3. Next choose ‘Keep personal files and apps’ option and wait for the installation to be completed.
4. Once finished, know this; no changes have been made to your computer except Windows 10 OS has been restored. Now try to open device manager, or other, that gave error before, it will open without any issues.
Please share this article