After installing Windows 10, when you try to change your account picture by visiting the Accounts Settings page, you may get Account Picture error with message: ‘Setting the account picture failed. please try again’. Let us how we can fix this.
Fixing ‘Setting the account picture failed. Please try again’ error in Windows 10
1. Open File Explorer, click View and check ‘Hidden items’
2. Visit C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures
3. In the User accounts Pictures folder, you can notice default pictures in different image formats (such as BMP, PNG) to shown in Start menu, lock screen and in the Account Settings page.
4. To resolve the account picture error, you need to replace all the images in that folder with your Photos.
5. Restart the computer after that to see your photo on sign-in screen and start menu.