Have you accidentally deleted or lost Chrome bookmarks and trying to figure out how to recover or restore them back into Google browser? This is the tool you need.
Whenever you like a page or site, you’ll bookmark it for future reference. You may bookmark more pages, but you may never check them by going to bookmark manager. Whenever you want to reinstall Windows, (unless you’re not syncing Chrome data and settings to your account) you’re likely to export bookmarks to HTML file and import later.
Recover deleted bookmarks from Chrome with Chrome Bookmarks Recovery Tool
Generally, Chrome stores the bookmarks and bookmarks backup file (bookmarks.back) to its profile folder. If you’re miss you should be looking at this location.
Recovering Chrome bookmarks
1. Copy the above path and paste in Windows Explorer
2. When you search for bookmarks, Explorer shows Bookmarks and Bookmarks.bak files.
3. Now visit, Chrome bookmarks Recovery tool page for Windows and drag and drop both files into the box in the page to be converted into HTML.
4. The tool shows download is ready after processing them, the file will be saved as html file with name ‘bookmark_backup’.
5. Open the file in the browser and check the bookmark links in there, if you’re happy with it, launch Chrome and open the bookmarks manager.
6. Click on three vertical dots and choose ‘Import bookmarks’, select the HTML file and click ‘Open’, done.
Done, Bookmarks have been imported into Chrome.