After acquiring AVG, Avast has shared the technologies between the two products. The company has incorporated AVG behavior shield into Avast, which runs in the background after Avast installation and checks the behavior of running programs, if it finds any suspicious programs with malicious code, it kills them.
You can see Avast Behavior shield (aswidsagenta.exe) running under Processes tab in the Task Manager. It may have low impact on system resources, but you can disable or turn it off if you want, here is how that can be done.
Disabling Avast Behavior shield
1. Launch Avast Interface
2. Click on Settings > Components,
3. Double click on Behavior Shield and click on green switch and choose ‘Stop permanantly’
4. Click Yes to the warning, and click OK.
This also stops aswbIDSAgent.
1. Now open Services console by running ‘services.msc’ command in the Run dialog
2. Find and double click ‘aswbIDSAgent’, and set its Startup type to ‘Disabled’ from ‘Manual’.
Note: Avast GUI does warn ‘Behavior shield is off’ and warns to turn it on, you can click ignore.