After Vivaldi 1.11 release, few days back Vivaldi team has released first snapshot for Vivaldi 1.12 with fixes to bugs and regressions found in version 1.11 and has a known issue of Widevine Content Decryption Module version 1.4.8. 1000 breaking Netflix.
This issue has been fixed by the Vivaldi team in today’s snapshot 1.12.936.3. If you’re curious to know Widevine version in Vivaldi browser, visit vivaldi://components page.
- [Regression] Full-screen view with tabs positioned at the bottom shows the trash button at the bottom left corner (VB-30981)
- [Search Engine] Editing doesn’t check required fields (VB-21284)
- Widevine version 126.96.36.1990 breaks Netflix in Vivaldi (VB-30960)
- Vivaldi does not start with many bookmarks (VB-30865)
- Upgraded to Chromium to 60.0.3112.105
You can download Vivaldi 1.12 snapshot that comes with a fix to Netflix issue from here.