Notepad++ 7.5 has been released and available for download. NPP 7.5 has added support for 19 new programming languages, and includes many enhancements, new features and bug fixes. The Notepad++ 64-bit version which has made been available some time back doesn’t contain plugin manager, adding to that, the developer has removed the plugin manager from 32-bit version also citing ads in the application as reason. The developer confirms built-in plugin-in manager is in the works and promises to ship ASAP.
- Below programming languages support has been added to Notepad++.
ASN.1, AviSynth, Blitz Basic, Csound, Erlang, escript, Forth, FreeBASIC, LaTeX, MMIX, Nimrod, nnCron, OScript, PureBasic, Rebol, registry, Rust, SPICE, txt2tags
- Added ‘Open file in default viewer command’.
- Added “-quickPrint” command line argument: Launch Notepad++, print document & exit.
- Added /noUpdater argument for installer to not install updater (useful in silent mode).
- Added new installer argument /allowAppDataPluginsLoading.
- Roll back to 1 “Find next” button in Find/Replace dialog, due to the inconsistence after removal of direction option.
- Enhancement: empty fields “Replace with” and “Filters” of Find/Replace dialog are remembered in the next session.
- Text selection in combo boxes of find/replace dialog problem on resizing.
- Te issue of passing non-exist folder via command line without any warning.
- Multi-line tab button remaining pushed issue while switching off.
- TAB key wired behavior on find/replace dialog’s transparency radio button.
- Click on tab without hitting close button but close file issue.
- Notepad++ modifying command line arguments issue (command line arguments could be visualized by system tools).
- File not dirty while its content changed on the hard drive.
- Saved duplicated file in the same view issue.
- “Folder as Workspace” toolbar button not activated after dropping folder issue.