How to know you PAN card is valid or deactivated. It’s a law in India that one person should hold one PAN (Permanent Account Number) card only Yes! One tax payer should have one PAN only, 11.44 lakh cards which have violated this rule have been identified and deactivated by Govt of India on July 27. It’s better to check yours is there in the list of cancelled cards, here is how that can be done.
Check your PAN card is active or deactivated
1. Visit Income Tax of India e-filling page
2. Under ‘Services’ on left side, click on ‘Know your PAN’
3. You’ll be taken to a new page where you need to enter details like your name, status, date of birth and mobile number. Here you can fill mandatory fields and skip the unnecessary ones like middle name and first name.
4. On the next page, you’ll be asked to enter One-time Password (OTP) that’s been sent to your mobile, which you’ve given while submitting PAN application.
5. Enter it and click ‘Validate’, on next page your PAN card status will be displayed under ‘Remarks’ (check the above screenshot). The page also shows under which Jurisdiction your PAN is active, if active.