A new beta version of Malwarebytes 3.2 is available for testing. This beta improves memory usage (this has been mostly discussed topic after the launch of Malwarebytes 3.0) and offers an opt-in setting -‘Beta Application Updates’ -in Settings to receive beta and full releases updates (Premium feature).
Application Updates, which can be installed from Application tab, now downloads available component updates and releases when you initiate, irrespective of the limits set for automatic update delivery.
A new button has been added to ‘My Account’ tab that lets you visit ‘Malwarebytes My Account portal’ where you can manage subscription. First, you need to setup Malwarebytes account profile in order to view your subscription and manage email communication settings, which is going to be an easy process.
• Improved memory usage
• Reinstalling with an older installer will no longer downgrade update packages
• Improved self-protection module stability and resiliency
• Numerous enhanced malware protection techniques and remediation capabilities
• Clicking ‘Install Application Updates’ button now downloads available component updates and releases regardless of limits in place for automatic update delivery
• Added a button to access the ‘Malwarebytes My Account’ portal from in-app My Account screen
• Added new setting that allows you to opt in to automatically receive Beta component updates and full releases
• Minor user interface redesigns, including confirmation of scan completion post-reboot
• Fixed numerous problems that could occur when upgrading from earlier versions to Malwarebytes 3
• Fixed an issue where updates would fail if attempted right after PC comes out of sleep
• Fixed an issue where the user interface could become non-responsive if mapped drives were present
• Fixed several issues that could lead to an ‘Unable to connect the service’ message
• Improved overall stability of drivers
• Addressed several translation issues
• Fixed several crashes and hangs related to the service and tray
• Addressed many other miscellaneous defects and user interface improvements
You can download Malwarebytes 126.96.36.1999 from here.
Upgrade to Malwarebytes 3 from Malwarebytes 2.2.1
Its high-time for Malwarebytes 2.2.1 users to upgrade to Malwarebytes 3.x as latter’s GA date already passed 7 months, Malwarebytes made it clear they won’t guarantee to deliver protection updates when product reaches End of Life which is the case with MBAM 2.2.1.
So if you have purchased a license for Malwarebytes, better upgrade to Malwarebytes 3. We can put this like this: the 3.x version definition rules and protection capabilities continue to grow where forget about 2.x product updates, you may not even get definitions for it at certain stage.