News feature introduced in Opera browser has turned out as an RSS Reader, which was not getting that much attention lately or been forgotten by users with the recent version updates. First and foremost, Opera browser lets you add any site feed and read articles from the news feature page. There are two ways you can add a site RSS/atom feed to the Opera News Reader.
Adding a site RSS to Personal news feed in Opera browser
1. Visit about:news in the Opera address bar
2. Click ‘Add sources’, enter site URL in the search field,
3. Select a feed, preview it and click on + button to add.
1. Click on Opera menu > Settings > Browser
2. Under ‘Personal news’, check, ‘Show available news feeds on address bar’
3. Visit the desired site in the browser, when Opera detects feeds for that site, it shows News Paper icon in the address bar, click on it
4. Further click ‘add to my sources’ to add the feed to Personal news.
You should be visiting about:news page from onwards, to read the articles fetched and displayed by News.