Malwarebytes 3 version available till now has only allowed Malwarebytes Premium and trial users to automate scans schedule by clicking ‘schedule scan’ tab in UI. When free users click on it, it has no effect. Few days back, Malwarebytes 3.1 has been released and the free version is now available with addition of automatic monthly scheduled scan.
This scheduled scan will be performed every month, user can able to edit this Scheduled task by double clicking on it. Apart from this, the company has toiled hard to reduce its memory usage, and this version doesn’t slow down the launch of third-party applications and keeps them responsive.
Here is what’s new in Malwarebytes 3.1 in Performance and usability wise.
- Multiple enhancements result in reduction of memory usage
- Faster load time and responsiveness of third-party applications
- Improved performance of Web Protection
- Faster Malwarebytes 3 program startup time and responsiveness of user interface
- New detection and protection layer with machine learning based anomaly detection (to be deployed gradually even if it shows “enabled” under Settings)
- Improved Self-Protection by requiring escalated privileges to disable protections or deactivate a license
- Enhanced malware protection techniques and remediation capabilities
- Added an automatic monthly scheduled scan in Free mode
- Added ability to control the priority of manual scans on the system
- Added setting to turn off ‘Real-Time Protection turned off’ notifications when protection was specifically disabled by the user
- Added ability to exclude the last website blocked by Web Protection via the tray menu
- Fixed several defects related to configuring Custom Scans, including selecting child folders and fixing issues with touch screens
- Fixed problem where a right-click context scan appeared broken after scheduled scan due to misleading “Cannot start a scan while another one is in progress” message
- Fixed issue where you could not add or edit a scheduled scan in Spanish and some other languages
- Fixed issue where scan could appear stuck on Heuristics Analysis when it had actually completed successfully
- Fixed issue where Self-Protection setting would fail to toggle correctly after an upgrade