Make Internet Download Manager to show the download panel for videos playing in the Edge browser by installing IDM integration module extension. Two years back Tonec has added Edge browser support to Internet Download Manager (IDM), but still within Windows 10 Creators Update, you can’t get videos from video sharing sites such as YouTube, as ‘IDM’s Download this video’ Panel doesn’t appear in Edge.
ATM, IDM extension for Edge is not available in the Store, but you can still install IDM Integration Module extension manually in Edge browser, here is how that can be done.
First and foremost, ensure you’re using the latest version of IDM and check ‘Edge’ and ‘ Use Advanced Browser Integration’ options are selected in IDM General preferences.
Install IDM Integration Module in Edge
- Visit about:flags, select ‘Enable extension developer features’ checkbox under ‘Developer Settings’
- Restart Edge browser for the changes to apply.
- Click on … more menu and select ‘Extensions’
- Click ‘Load extension’, browse and navigate to IDMEdgeExt folder under ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager’ and click ‘Select Folder’
- IDM extension will be installed and activated. Click on IDM Integration Module to see its status (On or Off) and permissions given to to it.
After that, if you play a video in Edge browser, you’ll see the download panel as shown in the screenshot below.
You should know extensions installed in this fashion will be turned off by Edge and it warns you’ We’ turned off extensions form unknown sources. They might be risky so we recommend keeping them off’. This happens many times, each time, you can enable the extension by clicking on ‘ Turn on anyway’. I know this is tiresome, but you’ve to rely on this temporary workaround untill IDM publishes its extension for Edge browser in the Windows 10 Store.