You may not able to uninstall the latest Malwarebytes 3.0.6 that has got the component package (CU3) update recently to fix bugs, the Uninstaller hangs or freezes (check the screenshot below) after giving the permission to remove Malwarebytes and all the components. Hers is how to fix that to uninstall Malwarebytes successfully from your computer.
Fix Malwarebytes 3.x uninstall hangs or freezes issue
- Open Task Manager, under the Processes tab, select Setup/Uninstall (32bit) and click on End Task
- Now try to uninstall Malwarebytes, it will be uninstalled, without any issues.
If that doesn’t help, follow the below instructions.
- Download and run Malwarebytes Cleanup Utility (dl link) which has been updated to remove Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, including Malwarebytes 3.x.
Note: Before running the tool backup Malwarebytes license information.
2. When it asks for your confirmation, click ‘Yes’.
3. Reboot your computer when prompted, done. Malwarebytes has been removed.