Top issues reported by users regarding Malwarebytes 3.0.5 (previously known as Malwarebytes Anti-Malware) have been addressed as the company has released Malwarebytes 3.0.6 after testing the preview version. More than 100 major issues reported have been fixed.
Don’t forget the big improvements: memory leaks and high CPU usage after completing the scan has been sorted. Application’s Startup and shutdown times have been improved. You can find this version’s full change log below.
Malwarebytes 3.0.6, what’s new
- Several improvements to malware detection and remediation capabilities
- Several performance improvements, including improving startup time, improving shutdown time on Windows 7, addressing memory leaks and reducing CPU usage after a scan has completed
- Added MS Publisher as a default Protected Application for anti-exploit protection
- Fixed issue where a previously activated Premium license could be dropped incorrectly
- Fixed issue where Malwarebytes version information would revert to default values of 3.0.0 in certain cases, such as when coming back from minimal safe mode
- Fixed issue where ‘Real-Time Protection turned off’ notifications would display incorrectly on initial startup
- Fixed problem where the ‘Check for updates every’ setting would get stuck at 14 days after changing frequency to ‘Days’
- Fixed Help question marks throughout the main user interface so that they work when clicked
- Addressed several crashes and blue screens, including the BSOD that could occur with Web Protection on Windows Insider Previews
- Fixed the issue with Exploit Protection that caused Edge to crash/hang on Windows Insider Previews
- Fixed issue when Exploit Protection was enabled that caused PowerPoint to not load
- Fixed conditions that could lead to an ‘Unable to connect to service’ error
- Fixed issue where exclusions did not work properly when there were associated threat traces detected
- Fixed issue where Web Protection would not start up properly
- Fixed numerous scan hangs or crashes, including one that could occur during heuristics phase
- Numerous other fixes to improve overall program stability and usability
You can download Malwarebytes 220.127.116.119 from here.