Today, Malwarebytes Corporation has released a beta of their next generation product, Malwarebytes 3.0, a combination of Anti-Malware, Anti-Exploit, Anti-Ransomware, Website Protection and Remediation technologies. When you install this beta over installed Malwarebytes Anti-malware, Anti-exploit and Anti-ransomware, they’ll be removed and the new Malwarebytes product will be installed that can replace your antivirus.
Malwarebytes is compatible with Windows Defender and Microsoft Security Essentials, and works along with third-party antivirus installed on your system.
Malwarebytes 3.0 beta
By glancing at the dashboard user can know the status of Web protection, Exploit protection, Malware Protection and Ransomware Protection. Anti-Exploit and Anti-Ransomware included in this product doesn’t need signatures. The company which has recently acquired AdwCleaner, will be selling Malwarebytes v3 at a price of $39.99 per computer per year.
Performance / Protective Capability:
• Added signature-less anti-exploit and anti-ransomware protection (Premium only)
• Up to 4x faster scan speeds, including even quicker Hyper Scans
• Removed non-essential reboots after certain malware removal events
• Advanced Heuristic Engine (Shuriken) now enabled by default
• Self-Protection now enabled by default (Premium only)
• Redesigned user interface for improved usability
• Now configurable to integrate with Windows Action Center / Windows Security Center (Premium only)
• Update checks are done automatically so they do not need to be scheduled
• Improved support for keyboard navigation and screen readers
Stability / Issues Fixed:
• Added ability to lock down My Account screen via User Access Policy
• Added ability to collect enhanced logs when directed to do so by Support
• Fixed issue where Scheduler did not adjust for Daylight Saving Time changes
• Fixed issue where Scheduler defaulted to hourly Threat Scan instead of Daily
• Fixed issue where Chameleon reported error messages numerous times to Windows Event Viewer
• Changed ‘Recover if missed by’ setting in Scheduler to Off by default
• Prevented rootkit scanning in Custom Scans if full system drive is not selected
• Updated to latest version of 7-Zip DLL
• Addressed many other miscellaneous defects
You can download Malwarebytes 3.0 beta from here.