Snagit automatically saves unsaved captures to DataStore folder –you can see all these captures in library — you can convert the images stored in that folder in the SNAG format to desired image type by using the built-in batch image converter Snagit contains, and MP4 videos can be moved to a location elsewhere on your hard drive or you can open them with TechSmith Screen Capturing software and cut unneeded portions of video.
If you’re planning to reinstall Windows, you can create a backup file of automatically stored captures in library and can restore those to Snagit’s library from a backup file. Here is how that can be done.
Backing up Snagit’s caputers in the library
1. Open Snagit Editor, click on File menu, select Editor Preferences
2. Click on Library and click on Backup/Restore Automatically Stored Files.
3. Choose Backup, browse a location, type the file name and click Save, the file will be saved and it will be of type .snagarchive.
Restoring Snagit captures to the library
1. Follow the above steps from 1 to 2.
2. Choose Restore, select snagarchive file and click open
3. Wait for the process to finish.