Recently, few extensions installed in Chrome from EFF and IDM have been disabled and showed ‘the extension may have been corrupted’ error. Fortunately, visiting the affected extension link on the Chrome Web Store and clicking Enable this item fixed the issue.
This is a temporary workaround, when you uninstall and reinstall such extensions, you’ll encounter the same error again, here the developer needs to fix the issue on their end. That is what Tonec did. Internet Download Manager team has identified the issue and released a new build IDM 6.26 build 7, which includes a fix for IDM Integration module’s this extension may have been corrupted issue.
Internet Download Manager 6.26 Build 7
- Open IDM from its icon in the system tray and click on Help and select ‘Check for updates’
- When the update available dialog is shown, install it.
This version has fixed the following issues
- Fixed a problem with disabling of the Google Chrome extension
- Fixed problems with video recognition for several types of web sites
- Fixed a problem with disk space occupation
- Fixed bugs
You can also download the latest Internet Download Manager version manually by visiting their website.
FYI, if you uninstall the extension after installing this update, you ‘ll be able to (as you used to do in the past) manually install IDM Integration module in Chrome successfully by dragging and dropping from the IDM directory in Program Files onto Chrome browser extensions page.