Finally, 64-bit version of Notepad++ is now available with Notepad++ 7. This version apart from x64 build, comes with new features, bug fixes and improvements. The developer has fixed a vulnerability present in previous versions installer and readied some plugins for x64 build. Of course, one more change you’ll notice after its install is, it will be installed to Program Files instead of Program Files (x86). We’ve added this version of NPP’s complete changelog below.
Notepad++7 – 64-bit
1. 64-bit build available.
2. Fix the DLL Hijacking Vulnerability of previous versions (by updating NSIS to v3.0).
3. Auto-updater improvement: periodical check can be disabled via auto-update prompt dialog.
4. Installer enhancement: Check if Notepad++ is running and ask the user to close it before continue.
5. Enhancement: add conflict detection to Shortcut Mapper.
6. Fix auto-completion on XML comment <!– comment –> and <?xml> tag bug.
7. Fix file saving crash which can be reproduced through a specific way to save file.
8. Fix a crash issue while UDL’s user keyword list is too long.
9. Fix HDPI issues for some components (task list, margins and shortcut mapper).
10. Add a new feature(optional) : Close the last document will quit Notepad++.
11. Add more Change Case variants (Title Case, Sentence case, iVERT cASE, rANdOm caSe).
12. Add Open file & open containing folder commands on selected file/folder name in text content.
13. Add Search on Internet command on selected word(s) in text content.
14. Add Scroll Tab Bar with mouse wheel capacity.
15. Add commands for moving the current file tab Forward/Backward.
16. Fix bug of monitoring not working for files under root.
17. Ruby is supported by Function List.
18. Added new option: Enable scrolling beyond last line.
19. Add an option to restore old behavior (open files in folder) while folder being dropped.
1. NppExport v0.2.8 (32-bit x86 only)
2. Plugin Manager 1.3.5 (32-bit x86 only)
3. Converter 4.2
4. Mime Tool 2.1
Updater (Installer only):
* WinGup v4.1
Please share this article