Windows Refresh Tool now supports Windows 10 version 1511 and installs a clean copy of Windows 10, that includes the anniversary update. So anniversary update for Windows 10 is now available, you can force install it if you can’t wait till it arrives via Windows Update.
Remember Windows Refresh Tool Microsoft has released recently! Which freshly installs Windows 10 by removing apps that came pre-installed with Windows or were installed by you on your PC, this tool now works on Windows 10 version 1511 and installs a clean copy of the most recent version of Windows, i.e. Windows 10 Anniversary update.
Using Windows 10 Refresh Tool for a clean install of anniversary update
- Visit Start fresh with clean installation of Windows page
- Download the tool and run,
- Windows Refresh Tool offers two options upon running: Keeps personal files only and Nothing.
Note: This tool clean installs fresh copy of Windows 10 AU, v1607, but it also removes apps that not came with Windows and digital licenses you’ve purchased also, so please review the following information before proceeding with the tool.
- Using this tool will remove all apps that do not come standard with Windows, including other Microsoft apps such as Office. It will also remove most apps installed by your PC’s manufacturer such as your manufacturer’s apps, support apps, and drivers. You will not be able to recover removed apps and will need to manually reinstall them later if you want to keep them.
- You may lose your digital licenses, digital content associated with applications, or other digital entitlements for applications as a result of using the tool, which may impact your ability to use apps you paid for or app-related content you paid for. For this reason, we don’t recommend using this tool on any PC where you wish to ensure all of your applications and application-related content (including Microsoft applications such as Office) remain properly installed and licensed.
Please share this article