Latest Avast Second release of Nitro Update that has version number 12.2.2276 (build 12.2.3126.2), has installed Avast SafePrice extension on all browsers silently, this could’ve been avoided if affected users have used custom setup to install Avast Antivirus, but still you can remove it from Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox browsers without the need to look into each browser extension manager –Check that tedious method here–, here is how that can be done.
Uninstalling or removing Avast SafePrice extension from browsers quickly
Update [New method]:
1. Open avast free antivirus interface
2. Click on Settings > Components, scroll down until you see Safe Price browser extension,
3. Click on it and click ‘Uninstall Component’and click OK.
Components window prompts for a restart, do so. SafePrice browser extension will be completely uninstalled and removed from your computer.
1. Open Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features, select Avast Free antivirus and click ‘Change‘
2. In the setup window, click Change, untick SafePrice browser extension
3. Again click Change and wait for the Avast setup to make the requested changes
4. When prompted, restart your computer for the changes to apply.
Done! The Avast SafePrice extension has been removed from major browsers without much of an effort.