After testing power saving mode for Windows and Mac, in developer and beta streams, today, Opera Software has made the battery saver feature part of stable channel with the release of Opera 38. The browser company says the feature not only saves battery life and extends your browsing time, but also reduces the laptop temperature by 3 degrees.
If you’re using a laptop, disconnect the power adapter for the Power saver icon to pop up in the Opera address bar, then turn on the mode. Under the hood, Opera saves battery by doing below tasks.
- Reduces background tabs activity
- Automatically pauses unused plug-ins
- Reduces frame rate to 30 frames per second
- Tuns on video-playback parameters and forces usage of hardware accelerated video codecs
- Pauses animations of browser themes
There is no reason to turn on the battery saver for desktop PC, it gives other apps more resources. Check Opera blog post for more information.
Please share this article