When you install recently released Foxit Reader 8.0, which was released with new ConnectedPDF technology, if you open task manager and see the ‘Processes’ tab, you can notice a service associated with it keeps running in the background with process name FoxitConnectedPDFService.exe that has the description Foxit Reader ConnectedPDF Windows service, you can also see it as Foxit Reader Service in Windows Services Console.
If you don’t know ConnectedPDF or if you just use Foxit Reader as a simple PDF viewer without relation to ConnectedPDF features, you can disable FoxitConnectedPDFService.exe and its associated service without affecting the functionality of Foxit Reader, here is how that can be done.
Turning off FoxitConnectedPDFService.exe – Foxit Connected PDF Windows Service
1. Open the Run dialog box, type and enter services.msc to open Windows Services console
2. In the Services window, press the F key on the keyboard and choose and double click on the Foxit Reader Service, to open its properties dialog
3. You can see the service status as running and startup type has been set to automatic,
4. Click on the Stop button and set Startup type to Disabled, click ‘OK’ to apply the changes.
May 9, 2017 Update: Or follow the below instructions.
- Open Foxit Reader,
- Press Ctrl+K to bring up its preferences dialog, select General
- Check ‘Disable ConnectedPDF features‘ under ‘Application Startup’
- Click OK to apply the changes.
Please share this article