Avast offers and installs SafeZone browser (built on Chromium) when you install its 2016 version products such as Avast Antivirus and Avast Internet Security (update: its now available to free users as well). The problem now for users is recently Google Security researcher revealed vulnerability in SafeZone browser which allows attackers to list and read files from your computer after you click a malicious link.
This serious security flaw has been already fixed by Avast. Now, if you don’t want to use Avast SafeZone browser anymore, you can uninstall it, here is how.
Uninstall or remove SafeZone browser from Avast
May 04, 2017 Update: 1. Open Avast user interface
2. Click on Settings, in the Settings window, click on Components
3. Under Security, scroll down until you see SafeZone Browser, double click on it and ‘Uninstall Component‘
4. Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Or follow below method, choice is yours. We’ll recommend the above procedure for easier removal of Avast components.
1. Open Control Panel, click on Programs > Programs and Features
2. Select Avast Internet Security or Avast AV, click Change
3. Click on ‘Change’, once which components do you want to install screen appears, Uncheck SafeZone Browser and click on ‘Change’
Wait for the Avast to make the changes you’ve requested, when you’re prompted to restart your computer to remove SafeZone Browser, do so.
Note: Avast Free Antivirus 2016 doesn’t include SafeZone browser.