Notepad++ 6.9 has been released and available for download with the addition of a new feature, security improvements and bug fixes. NPP v6.9 has added one of the most wanted Folder as Workspace feature.
FaW opens your folders in a panel on the left sidebar and lets you browse those folders, and open any file in Notepad++. Every modification made in the folder from outside will be synchronized (updated and reflected) in the panel. To get started, drop one or more folders in NPP.
You can also manually able to enable the feature by selecting ‘Folder as Workspace’ in the ‘View’ menu, after that, you can add one or more folders by selecting Add, which appears when you right click on the panel. You can also notice Remove all option to get rid of the folders you’ve added to the panel.
As a security measure, the developer has signed this version of Notepad++ binaries, future versions will also be signed.
Notepad++ 6.9 changelog
1. Add “Folder as Workspace” feature (How to use: drop any folder in Notepad++).
2. Fix Notepad++ hanging issue while user uses touchscreen to activate Notepad++ window.
3. HTML auto-close tag enhancement: Prevent <br>, <hr>, <img>, <link> and <meta> from being closed automatically.
4. Project enhancement: Allows user defined extension to associate workspace file.
5. Make behavior of SHIFT+END and SHIFT+HOME more consistent when word wrapping is enabled.
6. Add new API NPPM_SAVEFILE (for plugins) to save any file, not only the focused one.
7. Add file extensions for FreePascal/Lazarus pascal, lex (as C).
UPDATE: Check this post to disable FaW feature.