After recent Avast 2016 release, Avast software has released an update for it, Avast 2016 R1 SP1 is now available which comes with fixes to bugs discovered in 2016 version. Below are the main changes Avast 2016 with build number (2016.11.1.2245) has got.
What’s new in Avast 2016 R1 SP1
1. Avast mail shield now scans web mail also, so it might add its signature to outgoing email: all clean sent messages will be marked with a note at the bottom of the text(this might annoy you), this update offers an option to disable email signature to General section in Settings.
- Open Avast GUI, click on the Gear icon to open Settings > General, uncheck ‘Enable Avast email Signature’, click ‘OK’
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
2. Avast HTTPS Scanning module now supports SPDY protocol.
3. Set up now launches faster than previous version
4. Avast Passwords extension for Firefox is now signed.
Above mentioned changes are for free version only, to download Avast Free Antivirus 2016 R1 SP1 (w/offline installer) and to download Avast 2016 paid products, and for the full changelog, visit this page.
Please share this article