Enabling HTTPS availability for blogspot blog is easy. Google has already encrypted Gmail, Search, Drive and many other products by default, they’ve now expanded HTTPS support to their Blogspot domain blogs. If you’ve a blogspot blog, here is how you can turn on HTTPS Support for yours.
Benefits of using HTTPS over HTTP to access your blogspot blog
- It helps check that your visitors open the correct website and aren’t being redirected to a malicious site.
- It helps detect if an attacker tries to change any data sent from Blogger to the visitor.
- It adds security measures that make it harder for other people to listen to your visitors’ conversations, track their activities, or steal their information
Enable HTTPS for your Blogspot blog
1. Sign into blogger
2. Select your blog, click on Settings > Basic
3. Under HTTPS Settings, for HTTPS Availability, select Yes
Your visitors can now access encrypted version of your blog (HTTPS) by visiting https://<yourblog>.blogspot.com
Note: HTTPS isn’t available for custom domain blogs.
Turning off HTTPS for blogspot blog
To disable HTTPS, follow the above steps and select ‘No’ for HTTPS Availability.
Then your visitors will get a unencrypted version of your blog (HTTP) and bookmarks to your blog will continue to work.
Issues with switching to HTTPS
Google says ” Blogspot authors should be aware that if they choose to encrypt at this time, some of the current functionality of their blog may not work over HTTPS. This can be a result of template, gadgets, and blog post content, and is often caused by mixed content errors, some of which may be fixable by the author themselves. “