Previous Sumatra PDF 3.0 version allowed to open multiple documents in tabs, today version 3.1 of the program has been released and available to download with 64-bit builds. Apart from adding 64-bit Windows support, SumatraPDF 3.1 remembers all opened documents in multiple tabs and restores them on startup.
You can disable SumatraPDF’s session restore feature, here is how
Click on SumatraPDF menu > Settings > Options > uncheck ‘remember opened files, or click on Menu > Settings > Advanced Options (this opens sumtraPDF settings text file), change ‘RestoreSession‘ value to ‘false‘, and save the changes to the file.
- Open and View Google’s WebP Images in Sumatra PDF Reader
- Sumatra PDF 1.9 released with Support for CHM Docs and Touch Gestures on Windows 7
What’s new in SumatraPDF 3.1
- 64-bit builds
- All documents are restored at startup if a window with multiple tabs is closed (or if closing happened through File -> Exit); this can be disabled through the RestoreSession advanced setting
- Printing happens (again) always as image which leads to more reliable results at the cost of requiring more printer memory; the “Print as Image” advanced printing option has been removed
- Scrolling with touchpad (e.g. on Surface Pro) now works
- Many crash and other bug fixes
Check SumatraPDF version history.
Please share this article