First beta version of Avast 2016 is now available for testing with completely new interface, Password manager and SafeZone browser features. And this beta fastens the AV installation, improves Home Network Security and comes with a few minor tweaks and known issues as well.
Avast Free Antivirus 2016 Beta
UI with more space and easy controllable is completely new and different to Avast 2015.
Avast has integrated Passwords (currently exists and known as EasyPass) into the free AV and added it to the Smart Scan as well. You can access it from the program main window.
This feature can let you manage passwords (you need to create and remember one (main)password) and it also generates stronger passwords for you.
Other things it does are:
- Checks your passwords security
- Stores your passwords securely
- Includes browser extensions for Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer, for easier logging in and form filling
Note: You need to activate and setup Avast passwords by installing it’s extensions in browsers.
Avast SafeZone browser
The company has replaced SafeZone feature -which offers safer shopping and banking – with SafeZone browser based on Chromium, now available in the Avast Free AV 2016 also as well. Right click on the Avast icon in the system tray and select ‘Run SafeZone Browser’ to launch it or you can do the same from Tools in Gui as well.
- SafeZone UI resembles the UI of new Opera, doesn’t supports add-ons for security reasons. It comes pre-installed with Ad Blocker and Video Downloader add-ons.
- The SafeZone browser similar to Bitdefender Safego automatically opens all banking sites in Pay Mode. This isolates the session and protects it from possible keyloggers or other malicious software secretly lurking on your computer.
With Pay Mode, you can perform all your financial transactions in peace, without any fear of your password or other personal details being stolen.
- Offers HTTPS Scanning while preserving the original certificate.
- Yahoo is the default Search engine, other search providers available are: Bing and Google.
- Ad blocker based on ABP (?) revisited. Let us hope this will actually stay in the SafeZone browser and sees sunlight when stable version releases.
- Integrated into the Avast Online Security add-on, which, when enabled in browsers like Chrome, Firefox or internet Explorer, switches you to SafeZone browser when you try to visit banking sites
You can download Avast Free antivirus 2016 beta 1 and also check known issues from here.
Caution: Some users ran into issues after installing this beta, so create a restore point before testing this program.