Avast 2015 R4 bug fixing version with build number 2015.10.3.2233 has been released and available for download. Avast Free Antivirus 2015 R4 version addresses several bugs and issues found in the previous version of Avast.
HTTPS Certificates Issue in Firefox browser
Avast users are familiar to problems with accessing secure sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google and avast it self on Firefox, HTTPS Scanning feature has been cause for this and disabling it solves the issue as well.
But Avast has already offered a fix for that a long time ago, this issue has been revisited to users in Firefox after upgrading to Windows 10.
Avast is aware of the issue and now released Avast 2015 R4 which contains the fix to this and other bugs as well, 2015 R4 is a bug-fixing release. If you’re affected install this or disable HTTPS sites scanning feature.
If you prefer the latter
Visit Settings > Active Protection > Web Shield, customize and uncheck ‘Enable HTTPS Scanning’.
What’s new in avast 2015 R4
- Better server selection list in SecureLine
- Fixed: Cleanup to stop on 99%
- Fixed: Problems with HTTPS certificates in Firefox after upgrade to Windows 10
- Fixed: Firewall not started after upgrade to Windows 10
- Fixed: Cleanup to report leftover files, when software was just updated and not uninstalled (e.g. Skype, Java)
- Fixed: Issues with payment gates ( https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=176486.0, https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=176047.0)
- Fixed: Issues with not showing images on some sites (https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=176452.0, https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=176218.0 )
- Fixed: Issues with Outlook 2003 context menu (https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=174042)
Though Avast officially hasn’t mentioned or included in the change log, this version has fixed Avast crashing Office 2013 apps on startup.