With a simple trick, you can download official Windows 10 ISOs from within Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 without using the Media Creation Tool. Till now Microsoft lets you download the Windows 10 ISO by running the Media Creation tool only, this tool is now famous for showing something happened error in the middle.
So MCT is not reliable and there is no guarantee that your upgrade process to go smoothly. If you’ve a limited bandwidth, then downloading the ISO can be a real pain without download manager like IDM and we shouldn’t forget Microsoft hasn’t published direct download links for the Windows 10 ISO officially.
Obtaining Windows 10 ISO Direct Download Links
But with a trick, you can achieve that. In fact, Microsoft has a dedicated page to download new Windows 10 ISO directly. But this page is hidden and only appears to the users on Mac, Windows XP and Linux in the browser.
Here is that page link :https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO
But visiting this link in Windows 7 or 8 redirects you to this one : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
Download of Windows 10 ISOs without using Media Creation tool is possible in Windows 7 or 8.1
If you’re in Windows 7 or 8.1
1. Right click on the Firefox browser shortcut.
2. Select Properties > Compatibility > ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’, and choose ‘Windows XP (Service Pack 3)’ from the drop down and Click ‘OK’.
3. Visit this page in the browser, it now opens without redirecting.
4. Select Windows edition, in general, you should be choosing ‘Windows 10’, click on ‘Confirm’ button after that, next select the language as ‘English’ and confirm again.
5. Now 32-bit version and 64-bit version download links appear for Windows 10, begin the download, it will be picked up by third-party download manager like IDM if you’ve integrated into the browser.
These links are valid for 24-hours only from the creation time, so ensure you get the job done during that time period.
After downloading the ISO files, uncheck compatibility mode for Firefox browser.