A system Restore point will be automatically created when you install programs or drivers in Windows, which allows you to restore your computer to before state which you can use if something goes wrong.
If you don’t know System Restore won’t be turned on by default or automatically after installing Windows 10 or upgrading to it, this happens in earlier versions of Windows also.
How to turn on System Restore and create a Restore Point in Windows 10
So what you should do?
1. Click on Start button and type ‘System Restore’, click on the first result (create a restore point) appeared from the top
2. For C drive, you can notice Protection as ‘Off’, if it is showing ‘On’, you don’t need to anything.
- How to Fix “System Restore does not appear to be functioning correctly on this system”
- How to Create a System Restore Point in Windows 8
3. Select the drive, ‘Configure’ and select ‘Turn on System Protecion’, and click ‘OK’. Adjust the disk space used for system protection by using the slider.
4. Click on ‘Create’, followed by giving a name to make a restore point, done.