Vivaldi browser aimed at old Opera fans is progressing well by adding unique and useful features to users. If you’re using Vivaldi as your main or default browser, the file downloads initiated by user will be taken over by built-in download manager in it rather than the Internet Download Manager (IDM) you’ve installed on your computer.
Though IDM doesn’t officially support Vivaldi browser, you can still manually able to Integrate the download manager into Vivaldi, here is how that can be done.
Integrating IDM into Vivaldi browser
1. Ensure you’ve installed the latest versions of Vivaldi and IDM on your computer.
2. Open IDM interface by double clicking on its tray icon or you can right click on the same and select ‘Restore’.
3. Click on Downloads, choose Options, here in ‘General’ tab, you can notice Edge, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Opera as listed , but not Vivaldi.
4. Make sure ‘Use Advanced Browser Integration’ is checked and click ‘Add browser’
5. Click ‘OK,’ browse and navigate to Application under ‘sub folder in the ‘C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Vivaldi’
6. Select ‘Vivaldi’ and click ‘Open’, Vivaldi will be added to list of browsers that IDM can capture downloads from, click ‘OK’.
Note: AppData folder is hidden by default, make Windows to show hidden files and folders to select it.
7. This is important: Launch Vivaldi browser and visit vivaldi://extensions page, and enable ‘IDM Integration Module’, if it was already enabled you don’t need to do anything.
Now try to download any file in the browser, it will be picked up by IDM and the download panel also appears in Vivaldi for playing videos.
The content in this article has been rewritten and updated on April 23, 2017.