Few users using Google Chrome 44 have reported (in Chrome help forums) they ‘re getting a lot of ‘He’s dead, Jim Error’ messages, while there is no direct fix available for this error. Generally, you’ll get this error when your computer has low memory. If you’ve sufficient RAM, then follow the below troubleshooting steps to fix the error in Google browser.
Here the text in the error:” He’s dead, Jim! Either Chrome ran out of memory or the process for the webpage was terminated for some other reason. To continue, reload or go to another page.”
Troubleshooting Chrome’s repetitive ‘He’s dead, Jim’ Error Messages
Try the below steps one by one and check problem persists or not.
1. Restart Chrome browser.
2. Ensure you’re using the latest version of Chrome (currently it is at v44).
3. Try incognito mode, if you don’t encounter the error, then disable all extensions you’ve installed.
4. Visit Settings and disable hardware acceleration.
6. Temporarily disable third-party antivirus or Firewall (not Windows’).
7. Run Google Software Removal tool (reset even when it doesn’t find any problematic programs affecting Chrome)
8. Completely uninstall Chrome using Revo Uninstaller and reinstall the browser from this link.
9. Download and run Canary or latest beta after uninstalling Chrome stable, to see if you get He’s dead Jim error in it.
10. This might work but not recommended: downgrade to previous version of Chrome before the current one you’re using.
11. Last but not least reinstall Windows.
UPDATE: Running Chrome with
flag has fixed the issues for most, there is no reason for you to try it.