You can now replace Windows 10’s default login screen picture with a custom image. Don’t like the Windows 10 login screen with the default Hero image? You can change that to a custom one by using a free app called ‘Windows 10 login background changer’, an MDL user has created this app, it worked for us without any issues on Windows 10’s current build 10240.
Windows 10 Login Screen background Changer
Using Windows 10 login background changer app
1. Download the program file to your computer from below link
2. Right click on it and select ‘Run as administrator’
3. Click ‘Change background’, use Win+L to lock your screen to see your changed login screen.
Note: Unfortunately, there is no way to undo or restore the default login screen background once you use the program. If you want your default login screen back, create a restore point before running the app and see it works.
- Capture & Save Windows 8 Login Screen as an Image
- Win 7 Login Screen Camera lets you Capture Windows 7 Login Screen
- Use Desktop Wallpaper as Windows 8 Login Screen Background
We’ve uploaded and scanned this file on VirusTotal, it shown zero threats.
UPDATE: Malwarebytes flagging this file as Trojan. But the developer is saying his file is clean and offering new version (pre-release) (which also flagged only by Avast in VT but not MBAM, check this link) and also comes with UI changes and an option to restore default login screen image.
Visit Windows 10 Login Background Changer Page at github for more information.