Avast software has officially released final/stable version of Avast 2015 R3 with build number 2015.10.3.2223 for Windows and is available to download. This and previous Avast 2015 R2 versions are compatible with Windows 10.
R3 re-introduces Grimefighter as Avast Cleanup (not to be confused with Avast Cleanup tool which is intended for removal of Avast antivirus) to users (still a paid feature, no change in that) and HIPS feature which existed in older version of Avast seems revisited and felt not-effective and redundant by testers during the beta period.
A little more on newly added features
You can find newly added HIPS Setting under ‘Sensitivity’ in Avast File System Shield settings.
You can turn Cleanup tool on or off by visiting Tools > Cleanup.
What’s new in Avast Free Antivirus 2015 R3
- Gimefighter is now redone and called Cleanup.
– runs without need of reboot
– much faster
– runs on more devices (better compatibility)
- Improved Windows 10 compatibility
- Ability to check compatibility issues with other antivirus software. This is available in Smart Scan feature, which when you run scans for compatibility problems with other AV software installed on your computer.
- Host-based intrusion prevention system (HIPS): an installed software package which monitors a single host for suspicious activity by analyzing events occurring within that host
- StreamFilter with HTTPS scanning is now available also for Windows XP/Vista
- NG is not using Volume Shadow Copy Service anymore
You can install this version on top of the existing Avast installation.
Avast Premier Antivirus 2015 R3 | 206 MB
Avast Internet Security 2015 R3 | 206 MB
Avast Pro Antivirus 2015 R3| 190 MB
Avast Free Antivirus 2015 r3 | 152 MB
Source: Avast forum.