Recovery drive comes to rescue if your Windows 10 PC won’t start. If your PC fails to start or boot, then you can use recovery drive created for Windows 10 to get access to advanced options, you can refresh or reset your PC using it or you can even reinstall Windows by using Reset option if you backup system files to the recovery drive during the creation process.
Creating a USB Recover drive for Windows 10
When you upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or 8.1, and ISO images aren’t available and if your PC denies to start, then you can use recovery drive to troubleshoot and fix the issue.
Windows 10 offers built-in tool to create the recovery drive. Here is how you can do it.
1. Click start and type ‘create recovery’ and press enter.
2. Click ‘Next’, when the Recovery drive wizard appears, wait for the tool to calculate space necessary in USB drive to backup Windows.
3. After that, you’ll be asked to insert a USB flash drive with minimum capacity needed
Caution: Everything on the drive will be deleted, backup files in it to a separate location before starting this process, keep a separate flash drive for this purpose.
4. Connect it, select the drive and click ‘Next’.
Wait patiently for the tool to finish the process, this includes formatting the drive, copying utilities and system files.
5. Click ‘Finish’ once ‘Recovery drive is ready’ dialog appears.
Your Windows 10 recovery driver is ready keep it in a safe place and use it when the need arises.