Windows 10 Network and Sharing Center wrongly shows you’re connected to Public network. Recently, Microsoft has released Windows 10 build 10130 ISOs to Insiders on slow rings, after installing this build, Network and Sharing Center shows you’re on ‘Public Network’ instead of ‘Private Network’. Here is how to fix or correct this using Homegroup troubleshooter.
Changing Public Network to Private in Windows 10
1. Click on the Start button, and type homegroup in the search box,
2. From the results showed on top, under Settings, select ‘Find and Fix Problems with Homegroup’,
3. Once Homegroup Troubleshooter opens, click ‘Next’, (pay attention carefully to dialog windows appear on screen)
4. Click on ‘Troubleshoot network problems’, when it says troubleshooting couldn’t identify any problem, click on ‘Explore Additional Options’
5. Finally, when troubleshooter asks to change network location to Private, click ‘Apply this Fix’, done.