Recently we’ve covered how to disable Windows Defender’s PC Status potentially unprotected warning, now it’s time to fix another one. When you’ve installed another antivirus on Windows 10, Windows Defender alerts the user that’ This app has been turned off and isn’t monitoring your computer. If you’re using another app to check for malicious or unwanted software, use Security and Maintenance to check the app’s status.’ (check the screenshot below).
You can close it at that time, but it appears again when you start your computer. This could be annoying, let us see how to turn this off.
Disabling Windows Defender’s ‘ This app has been turned off and isn’t monitoring your computer’ Message in Windows 10
Case I: If you’ve already uninstalled other AV, try to use the removal tool offered by that security company and then try to fix this error message by following the below instructions.
1. Ensure ‘Widows Defender User Interface’ s enabled and running in the Startup tab of Task Manager.
2. Visit Control Panel > System and Security > Security and Maintenance, Turn on ‘Spyware and unwanted software protection’ and ‘Virus Protection’.
Case II: To use the AV and disable Defender’s message, follow the below steps.
1. Open the Task Manager, click on the ‘Startup’ tab
2. Select Windows Defender User Interface (MSASCui.exe) and click ‘Disable’ button.
3. Restart your computer for the changes to take effect, you won’t see that annoying dialog from Windows Defender again.
UPDATE July 16. 2015: Seems Microsoft has fixed this issue and Windows Defender is no longer showing this message when you install third-party antivirus on Windows 10.
Has that helped you?
UPDATE October 24, 2015: When you try to open Defender using Start with third-party AV installed on your computer, now also you’ll get this message, let me tell you its completely normal and expected behavior,
Please share this article