A new update KB3061161 is now available to Windows Insiders on Windows 10 build 10074 via Windows Update, this –Windows 10 Insider Preview Update Rollup: April 29, 2015 — provides a collection of performance improvements and fixes. For instance, after upgrading from build 10061 to 10074, some insiders not able to open the Start menu and Cortana, this update has addressed that issue.
Installing the update: Open Settings app, click on Update & security, click on ‘Check for Updates’, click ‘install’ button if displayed (check the above screenshot) and restart your computer to apply the update.
Here are the issues that rollup package has fixed
- The Start menu and Cortana do not open on Windows 10 Insider Preview after upgrading from Windows 10 Technical Preview
- Windows Error Reporting data remain in queue and are not uploaded
- Updated versions of preinstalled apps might not install with error 0x8004264A after upgrading to Windows 10 Insider Preview
- Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth radio controllers might not function and indicate a Code 43 error in Device Manager
- Automatic updates might not initiate on mobile devices if an app on the device is not in the Store catalog
- Apps that are deployed to an SD card on mobile devices might not install or open
- This update fixes a hang that can occur when updating battery status
- This update rollup also includes the following improvement: This update enables the Dolby Digital Plus codec
Have you installed this? Do you’ve any issues currently with the 10074 build?