You can clear browsing data of new Microsoft Edge or Project Spartan browser in Windows 10 by visiting the Settings within that browser. If you use CCleaner to clean browsers data and temporary files in Windows, then you’ve got some good news: newly released CCleaner v5.06 has added cleaning support for the browser Microsoft Edge.
When you install this version, you can notice ‘Microsoft Edge’ under Internet Explorer in ‘Windows’ with Internet Cache, Internet History, Cookies, Download History and Recently Typed URLs pre-selected by default (check the screenshot below).
You need to close Edge for the CCleaner to do the cleaning, otherwise Piriform’s cleaning tool prompts you about that.
What’s new in CCleaner v5.06
- Added Microsoft Edge (Spartan / IE 12) cleaning.
- Improved Firefox session cleaning.
- Improved Google Chrome Download History cleaning.
- Improved system restore detection routine.
- Improved keyboard navigation.
- Updated exception handling and reporting architecture.
- Improved localization and language support.
- Minor GUI Improvements.
- Minor bug fixes.